Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chamomile Cupcakes with Honey Icing

I felt a bit mischievous cutting open and emptying teabags.


But it had to be done. This recipe for Honey Chamomile Cupcakes is another of Joy the Baker's masterpieces, and I was intrigued when I first saw it on her blog (<--here, includes full recipe). I finally got around to giving it a go today.


Just the word chamomile makes me feel more relaxed. The fragrance is even better. (Though, oddly, it's not my favourite tea to drink.) The recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of dried chamomile, which I now know is approximately equivalent to the contents of 6 teabags.


The honey icing is glossy and luxurious looking. As it should be considering the cream content.


And there you have it. Delightfully delicate cupcakes (actually mini cupcakes in this case - seemed appropriate for my first batch of "testers").


These are off to work with me tomorrow, but I've already had my only little taste taste, and I'm quite certain I will be making them again in the future... even if I have to eat them all myself. Lucky I got the large box of chamomile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment